Are you a die-hard NBA fan who loves to snack while watching a game? Do you often find yourself reaching for unhealthy junk food during those intense moments on the court? Well, fear not! We’ve got your back with some delicious and healthy bite-sized snacks that you can easily make at home. Not only will they satisfy your cravings, but they’ll also fuel your body with essential nutrients. So, let’s ditch the greasy chips and start snacking smarter while cheering on our favorite teams!
What are NBA Bites?
NBA Bites are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite basketball games. These bites are easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the year.
-1 cup cooked white rice
-1/2 red onion, diced
-3 green onions, diced
-1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
-1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-3 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil, divided
-juice of 1 lime or 2 tablespoons lemon juice (plus more to taste)
-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl, combine cooked white rice, red onion, green onion, cilantro, parsley, chili powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. 3. In a small bowl or glass jar with a lid, mix together olive oil or avocado oil and lime juice until well combined. Pour mixture over the rice mixture and toss until well coated. 4. Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until heated through. 5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro before serving hot.
If you’re a basketball fan and looking for a healthy snack to enjoy during the game, you’ll love these NBA bites. They’re perfect for anyone looking for something hearty and satisfying but without all of the added sugar.
-1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken breast
-1 cup diced red onion
-1 cup uncooked quinoa
-2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
-½ teaspoon sea salt
-⅛ teaspoon black pepper
-8 whole wheat tortillas (6 inches wide)
-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine cooked chicken, diced red onion, uncooked quinoa, 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into 8 equal balls. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from oven; let cool on baking sheet. 2. Warm tortillas in a dry skillet over low heat for 30 seconds per side or until soft enough to fold easily. 3. Assemble tacos by placing 1 ball of chicken mixture on one half of each warm tortilla; top with cilantro if desired. Fold bottom of tortilla up over filling; roll up tightly around filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
How to Make NBA Bites at Home
If you’re a fan of the NBA, then you know that there are some seriously delicious bites to be had at games. And if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to traditional nachos, then these NBA bites are perfect for you!
First, make the base of your bite by mixing together 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 minced onion, and 2 minced garlic cloves. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and spread it into an 8×8 inch baking dish. Place ½ cup cooked quinoa in the center of the mixture and spread it out evenly.
Next, add your favorite toppings to the dish: black beans, corn chips, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, or any other spices or herbs that strike your fancy! Finally, bake the bites in a preheated oven until they are crispy and golden brown on top. Serve them warm with sour cream or salsa on the side for dipping. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect NBA Bites
Making healthy and delicious NBA bites at home is easy! Follow these tips to get the most out of your bites.
1. Start with quality ingredients. The key to great NBA bites is using high-quality ingredients that are fresh and flavorful. Try using lean ground beef, fresh vegetables, and wholesome sauces to create a nutritious and tasty snack.
2. Use your imagination. If you’re stuck for ideas, try experimenting with different flavors and add-ins. You can also use frozen fruits or vegetables to give your bites a refreshing twist.
3. Preheat your oven before you start cooking. This will help ensure that your food reaches an even temperature and cooks evenly throughout.
4. Serve warm or cold—your choice! Whether you want to enjoy them hot off the oven or chilled in between servings, there’s no wrong way to go about making perfect NBA bites at home.